Tuesday, May 21, 2013

10 Days!

In 10 days, we will be in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania.
In 10 days, we will be meeting each other for the first time in person as the 2013 Summer Service team.
In 10 days, we will be taking advantage of our last couple days in the United States to learn last minute Nepali phrases and hug our families before departing for 6 weeks to see what God has in store for us halfway around the world.

[Kathmandu+doorway.jpg]If the traffic on the Facebook message is any indicator, I think we're all getting pretty excited.  I remember when I got the phone call that I had been selected for Summer Service, the months between October and May seemed like they couldn't possibly pass any slower.  Somehow though, between finals, Christmas, classes, Easter, Spring break, and finals again, those 7 months have flown by, and it seems almost surreal that in less than 2 weeks I will be boarding a plane to fly to a part of the world that I have never been to before.  We still don't (and probably won't) have a 24/7 detailed plan for our time in Nepal, but God has really blessed me with a sense of peace and confidence in Him and His plans, and I have been so excited to watch how our team has already come together and started bonding over facebook and skype.  From our shared love of How I Met Your Mother and debating the use of a fanny pack, to praying for broken arms and missing passports, I feel incredibly blessed that God chose Staci, Collin, Sammy, Jon, Alyssa, and Ellen to go on this adventure with me, and can't wait to see how He will use us individually and as a team to reveal Himself to the people of Nepal.

- Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment