Sunday, May 12, 2013

Overwhelmed by Grace

Hi there, it's your friend Alyssa posting on how God is continually working and preparing the way for our trip! As you have all seen from some of our prayer requests, Satan is definitely trying to shake up our trip as a whole. With finals for me and the end of the school year for the rest, I have been so unbelievably busy and have barely had any time to even get my life together let alone really prepare. Yet despite all of this, I have been so blessed by witnessing the power of Christ in preparing me through the body of Christ. The body I Christ is such an amazon power that, especially through NWMC is so evident.

The other day, I receive an email from Emily. It was the day after my summer service spotlight was sent out and she told me the following:

"So,  I just got an email from conference on the summer service person for the week and recognized your college as it is mine too.  I can’t believe I haven’t run into you yet.

Anyway, my name is Emily.  I am a junior who has been going to NWMC for years .  I just thought I would let you know that there are other NWMC people on campus.  

Congratulations on the trip to Nepal.  Is there anything I can pray about for you?"

Not only could I believe that someone I never met at Grove City went to conference, but that she was praying for me. To know there are so many people who do not even know all of our trip members yet are showering this trip in prayer overwhelms me. With receiving Emily's email, I am so excited about it...yet I do not respond. There is no rhyme or reason why I ended up not responding, I just let the email sink among my inbox, simply forgetting about it.

A couple days later, I am checking my campus mailbox when I see a it is completely full. After struggling to get the package out, I open it and realize its an entire care package stuffed into a tea box, from you guessed it, Emily. Despite never responding to her email, God was literally shouting to me through Emily's gestures saying "people are praying for you. I am working for you. I am working in you. I want you to succeed on this trip".

God never forgets. He never let's go. But more importantly he never let's you forget or let go of him. Even when life becomes busy and we make excuses, he still makes all the good in the world shine through.

Our trip is in 18 days. To think I have been waiting since October for this day to come blows me away. I cannot wait to see how God continues to work these next couple weeks and to meet with our team, grow with one another and serve the people of Nepal.

Side note: Thanks Emily for the package! The tea helped me through my Finance final! 
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment